How do we stay in the truth?
Galatians 5: 7-10
7 You were running a good race. Who cut in on you to keep you from obeying the truth? 8 That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you. 9 “A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough.” 10 I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing you into confusion, whoever that may be, will have to pay the penalty.
Take responsibility for your spiritual life. No one will be to blame if you wander from the truth, no one will stand in your place before God one day. Here are some ways to fireproof your faith.
- Watch what you expose yourself to
- Lies, lies and more lies from the outside
- Illustration: Butch
- Books by celebrity pastors
- Research, Choices, say no!
- Evaluate your primary source of teaching
- Lies, lies and more lies from the inside
- Sadly, today many of the lies are found right inside the Church.
- You need to evaluate the standard of teaching in your own church.
- NOT on style, or entertainment value, or feel good or popularity:
- Evaluate according to truth,
- On Biblical content,
- On Biblical accuracy.
- Reconsidering your primary teacher:
- Loyalty to Denomination
- Loyalty to friends
- Loyalty to the local church
- Loyalty to your pastor
- What about loyalty to the Lord?
- What about loyalty to the Word?
- Where is the church’s loyalty when it moves away from Biblical truth, its loyalty when it should be feeding the lambs, not poisoning them?
- Seek out a place of worship and teaching where the Bible is taught.
- Don’t just feed your emotions (worship), feed your heart mind and spirit. (Truth)
- Study the Word of God yourself
- Study the lie or know the truth. Illustration: Studying the cults and the occult.
- Knowing the truth brings freedom! You will know the truth and the truth will set you free
- Lifelong task
- No shortcuts